ComplianceTech recognizes that our relationship with you is based on integrity and trust. As a key component of the trust relationship, ComplianceTech is committed to protecting your privacy and the privacy of your customers, and to avoid any unnecessary collection of personal information. To provide the products and services you expect from a leader in the HMDA and fair lending analysis market, we must collect some personal information about your customers and you. We also want you to be aware of how we protect, collect, and disclose your personal information.
We do not sell to or share private personal information with third parties. This Notice describes our current privacy practices. While your relationship with us continues, we will update and send our Privacy Practices Notice as required by law or as needed. If our relationship ends, we will continue to protect your and your customers personal Information. You do not need to take any action because of this Notice, but you do have certain rights as described below.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
ComplianceTech collects personal information in support of its mission to make fair and responsible lending easier. Information is collected in a number of ways. You provide some information directly to us; we receive some information when you visit our website or use our products and services; and we receive some information from third parties.
The categories of information we collect will depend on your interactions with ComplianceTech:
Contact information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
Payment and financial information. Banking information and billing address.
Transaction and registration information. Information which is generated in the course of your transaction with ComplianceTech, including account information, logins, passwords, and purchase history. Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information.
Usage data. ComplianceTech collects information related to your use of our products, services and websites. We analyze that usage data so that we can improve our products and your experience with them.
Usage data includes online and technical information about your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type; details about how you are using our products; your Internet Protocol (IP) address; ComplianceTech cookie information; file information; metadata; time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits; and other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including the pages you request. We may link this information to the personal information we have collected about you and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, and we may deliver targeted marketing and product information back to you based on your usage data.
Third party data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties.
Ways We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, or as disclosed to you in connection with our websites. For example, we will use your information to:
- Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by ComplianceTech and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- Keep our products, facilities, and services secure.
Reasons for Using Your Information
When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services.
- We have a legitimate reason to collect and use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use usage data including your personal information to improve our products and services; to tell you about changes to this Privacy Statement and other policies; to tell you about new products, services and events or changes to our products, services or websites; for business reasons (for example to develop and expand our business); and to tell you about offers or promotions we are running.
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by opting out where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Sharing of Personal Information
ComplianceTech works to keep your personal information confidential and secure. In some circumstances ComplianceTech may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of ComplianceTech, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information. However, you should know that no company, including ComplianceTech, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your ComplianceTech accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
In certain circumstances we may retain your personal information after you have closed your account or are no longer actively engaged with ComplianceTech. For example:
- We may retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” from receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or to comply with the law;
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business;
- If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements;
- ComplianceTech may also use aggregated, non-personally identifiable data for research, external training and marketing purposes.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may opt-out of receiving further marketing emails at any time by contacting us at support@ComplianceTech.com. If you opt-out but are a current customer, we will still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails are necessary communications about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
You have certain rights in your personal information, subject to local data protection laws.
If you need help or wish to exercise your rights or have questions about them, please contact Adriene Williams at email@example.com, or call (202) 842-3800. We will consider all requests and provide our response promptly. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We must confirm your identity before providing you with any personal information or deleting any personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our websites use various software technologies including cookies, web beacons and pixel tags. Cookies are small text files that we and others may place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. We use web beacons or pixel tags – small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. Web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page, and we use them from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at CLC Compliance Technologies, Inc., 2010 Corporate Ridge, Suite 820, McLean, Virginia 22102.
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Statement. In the event there are material changes to our information practices, we will note those changes here and in some cases send a notification of changes via email.